Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Luke lost his first tooth (teeth)!

Luke so proud of his missing teeth!
He really wanted to show everybody all the blood he lost. I was not very excited about this picture but he was so insistent.

Last night after Luke's game he told his dad and I that his lose tooth felt like it was coming out. So, Greg proceeds to pull it on the baseball field. It didn't work out and Luke was sitting there with a bleeding mouth and a dangling tooth. Of course, Greg thought it would be fine. I called Dr. Chan (Chandler Humphries 601-450-3368 Call for appointments in Columbia and Hattiesburg)and he said come on over and he would take care of it. Luke and I went to Chan and Kim's house and in his kitchen he pulled not one but two teeth! Luke didn't even feel it and was so excited because he was thinking it was going to be so painful. Chan was so sweet to do that but he is a great dentist for our boys and they really do good with him. I realize that this is not normal for losing teeth but the whole trauma from trying to pull it at the ballfield to a crying child...I am so lucky to have a great friend and dentist in Chan!

Luke wanted to make sure all our friends saw his missing teeth. So I took some pictures to share. Also the tooth fairy visited last night and left Luke a $20 bill! He couldn't believe it. I think that when the tooth fairy stopped by the ATM "she" forgot how much to leave. But Greg and I explained that he probably got that much because he lost two at one time and that it would be more like a $1 a tooth from now on! On another note, JP said he saw "her" come into their room last night. He said that she had a green glowy dress on and a wand! I love the imagination children have.....well Luke graduates from kindergarten tonight so we have another busy day ahead of us.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing about them seeing the "tooth fairy"!!! I love it!!