Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting ready....and remembering

My grandmother Byrd's house on Church Street Columbia (AUGUST 2005)
My parents iron fence around perimeter of property (AUGUST 2005)
The yard next to the pool at my parents (AUGUST 2005)

Well, everyone around me thinks I am crazy but I have been preparing for the impending Hurricane Gustav all morning. And, I believe that I have us all ready in case of any horrific storm. We didn't live down here when Katrina hit, however, it affected so many people that we love and care about that I wanted to be ready.

I registered on http://www.msema.org/ so that I could receive correct information and I also got our family communication and evacuation plans set. We have out-of state contacts so that we can all communicate if local service is down...thanks Lindley and Gordon!To some it may sound silly but we went hours and in some cases days without talking to people down here. Above are some pictures from my parents the day after Katrina...it was a good reminder for me. I encourage everyone to be ready and if it ends up not even coming close to us..what have you really lost?

No comments: